Monday 12 August 2013

The important things


One of the lovely ladies that lives near us put me on to the hands free revolution - a mum trying to be a mum without stressing - something I think we all aspire to, but rarely manage. 

It's all about focussing on the important things and one of my favourite articles is 
'The day I stopped saying hurry up'.After reading the article, I realised that every 
part of the day I'd be bustling the monster munchkin around, rushing him, 
interrupting him and generally hassling him to conform to the adult desire to be on 
time for everything.  Every time we got in the car he'd ask if we were late and "why 
are you cross mummy"? 

So now I try and not bustle them (we are normally late for everything because I do like to hit snooze and never remember to pack a bag the night before) and go with the flow.  Lets face it the doctor's are always running late, crèche doesn't mind if you are not hammering down their door and real friends understand that the reason you are late for dinner is because everyone was ready but monster munchkin decided that a hosepipe shower in the back garden whilst fully clothed was a good idea and the mini munchkin was sick all over himself just as you were picking up the car keys.

However, I don't think I'll ever be calm enough as the wonderful Mrs B who no longer wears a watch and just let's things happen.

Jen xx



No comments:

Post a Comment